Avermere Midnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What I want to see is....

3 posters

Go down

What I want to see is.... Empty What I want to see is....

Post  Spherrow Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:57 pm

-Player feedback-

Please post anything and everything that you want to see in AvM. Storywise or dev wise.

Lara, if you post what you want mapwise/creaturewise, it'd help Nick and I have an idea of what we're supposed to make.
Spherrow
Spherrow
Admin / Godqueen
Admin / Godqueen

Character sheet
Name / Race / Gender: Silani Raelahsha Va Qui, Female Half-elven
Class Type: Badass
Combat Ability:
What I want to see is.... Left_bar_bleue7/10What I want to see is.... Empty_bar_bleue  (7/10)

Back to top Go down

What I want to see is.... Empty Re: What I want to see is....

Post  Spherrow Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:36 pm

Lara... I left my tiny list at work.... so here goes take two.

• I think you should try to utilize the people who are not rp'ing each night for your DM useage. Have them play support more. Get them involved more. I LOVE to watch RP and make comments and stuff, but we're there at your disposal. USE US!
  • We'd like to have more opportunities to RP with each other's PC's. The Ducal Moot is a GREAT example, but what about adding a little in the standard every-day-life? The day/event can focus around the person who's scheduled to RP, but why not add a little flavor of other pc's too? Like when Trahern went to North Forest, or Arkron or Kusk went to north forest? What about Trahern and Arkron or Trahern and Kusk? Or .. you get the point.
  • Make Nick move to a timezone more condusive to our own so he can RP more/at all and with us!
  • I've noticed a lot of NPC's are "Tired". Which I can understand by the POV that they have been doing XXXXX for so long, XXXXX has just become tedius, but what about those zelots who are so devoted to a cause (Deity or otherwise) that they've been doing it for 120 years and are still excited to do their job or that position? This may be a bit of a hard one as it doesn't necessarily fit with the story and a lot of it's current characters. I'm convinced though, that there is at least ONE personality in there that is happy and not batshit-justan-crazy to be so.
Spherrow
Spherrow
Admin / Godqueen
Admin / Godqueen

Character sheet
Combat Ability:
What I want to see is.... Left_bar_bleue7/10What I want to see is.... Empty_bar_bleue  (7/10)

Back to top Go down

Post  Elara Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:17 pm

I will need the DM's when it comes time for battle sequences, and at the moot.

RP with other PC's will pick up once I get everyone synchronized...but honestly, I do like the one on one or multiple on one DM to PC RP. I can try to change it up.

Some of the Helmite NPC's are quite fired up.
Elara
Elara
Steel Bitch
Steel Bitch

Character sheet
Name / Race / Gender: Elara Human Female Radiant Fist
Class Type: Martial Artist
Combat Ability:
What I want to see is.... Left_bar_bleue8/10What I want to see is.... Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)

Back to top Go down

Post  Spherrow Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:34 pm

Helmites don't count. They're fuckin Helmites. Seriously. Razz
Spherrow
Spherrow
Admin / Godqueen
Admin / Godqueen

Character sheet
Combat Ability:

Back to top Go down

What I want to see is.... Empty Kusk

Post  Sightblinder Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:37 pm

DISCLAIMER: Okay, normally I'd just keep this to myself as I don't want to step on the toes of the DM, but Elara did say she wanted ideas so I figured I'd share. The problem I have is that when I create a character I always think epic. My characters are intended to have a lasting impact on the worlds they inhabit. Keep in mind I am not asking for any of this to happen, nor expect it to. I am merely offering up ideas.

Kusk and Dusk are supposed to be counterpoints to each other. Each a representative of their god. Their fates are intertwined and I have always envisioned an epic battle between the two to decide the outcome of their world. They are negative images of each other. Identical in every way save for the color of their skins and the tattoos on their bodies. Both the priest of Helm who raised Kusk and the orc shamaness who raised Dusk were instructed to do so by their deities, and both know that Kusk and Dusk are fated to meet in battle to decide the outcome of the world.

Now, when I originally made Kusk for Avermere I didn't take any of that into consideration. I had never played on a persistant world before, and figured a half-orc paladin would be pretty tough, so I pulled out Kusk. This creates problems for a DM because I don't really think there is a counterpoint to Helm, unless there is a deity of chaos out there. Also, I can't run both Dusk and Kusk at the same time like I could in a PnP game, so that automatically makes him an NPC. So, there ya go Elara, use it or not as you see fit.
Sightblinder
Sightblinder
Honor Guard
Honor Guard

Character sheet
Name / Race / Gender: Rance, Human Male
Class Type: Civilian
Combat Ability:
What I want to see is.... Left_bar_bleue4/10What I want to see is.... Empty_bar_bleue  (4/10)

http://www.myspace.com/rances_rants

Back to top Go down

What I want to see is.... Empty Arkron

Post  Sightblinder Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:38 pm

DISCLAIMER: Okay, normally I'd just keep this to myself as I don't want to step on the toes of the DM, but Elara did say she wanted ideas so I figured I'd share. The problem I have is that when I create a character I always think epic. My characters are intended to have a lasting impact on the worlds they inhabit. Keep in mind I am not asking for any of this to happen, nor expect it to. I am merely offering up ideas.

Takhisis has a long history of trying to escape from the Abyss, the realm she inhabits but that is also her prison. Remember that she lured Arkron into the gate, which has historically meant that the gateway was opened to her to leave as well. One problem here unforseen by Takhisis is that the portal was damaged. It didn't open up only to the prime material plane of Krynn, but to an infinite variety of alternate prime material planes.

The original idea was for Takhisis to step through the portal and be transported to these infinite realms, just as Arkron was. The defective magics of the portal weakened her, and on whatever realm she appears on she has to assume the form of a mortal until she can rebuild her strength. Gods are immortal and she can be patient when she needs.

Arkron despises Takhisis above all others, so he would be horrified to find out that he had actually allowed her to escape to any realm, let alone the one he resided in. When Elara introduced Syshan I immediately thought that it would be delicious irony if she was secretly Takhisis in human form. I know that Elara has already made up her history and presumably knows what she wants to do with her, so I never bothered to bring it up before. But, in the interest of trying to help the DM, there ya go...
Sightblinder
Sightblinder
Honor Guard
Honor Guard

Character sheet
Name / Race / Gender: Rance, Human Male
Class Type: Civilian
Combat Ability:
What I want to see is.... Left_bar_bleue4/10What I want to see is.... Empty_bar_bleue  (4/10)

http://www.myspace.com/rances_rants

Back to top Go down

Post  Elara Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:29 pm

To the Kusk thread:

I haven't really given Dusk much thought, because Grummsh is working through the orogs and the Bloodfists right now. Your idea is good, don't get me wrong, but I don't know that I can salvage it in AvM.

Helm does have a counterpoint, but he's rarely seen -- Kuldran, a lesser power who's portfoilo basically encompasses betrayal and traitorism. Helm beat his ass into a coma about 2000 years ago and he still hasn't recovered yet.

(Srsly, fucking with Helm is just bad. I was reading some of the shit he's done during the ToT on Faerun and the crap he pulled on Mount Celestia. Badass.)

Kusk, I think , needs a fuller treatment in order to be effective, and I don't know that I can do that with mirror images. Kusk the Black is not exactly a mirror and in any case showed up for one dream. I plan to expose Kusk to a lot of things, mainly to challenge his faith and see how well he holds up.

Should the battle leave AvM, then Dusk might actually be an interesting plot point, particularly on CSM. The battle that will determine AvM's fate does hinge on Kusk in large part due to the fact that he will be the only one capable of deciding a certain path. But the final battle is really several.

Regarding Arkron: The problem with Takesis is that, as deities go, she's really out of her element off of Krynn. Eo (Chaos, overpower of Krynn) went completely psycho batshit in his balancing of gods just so, so that all of them basically were endlessly matched. Then he went crazy, which just goes to show you that Hickman can even fuck up overpowers. Goddamned hack.

Therefore, the best way to implement this is that Takesis got shunted somewhere and has lost much of her power, which is tied solely to Krynn, since she has no other worshippers anywhere else. There is both an upside and downside to this. The upside is that she's vunerable. She's a demigod-level being with no way back to where she belongs since Krynnspace is Barriered much in the same way that Ariador is. (Goddamn Weis and Hickman). The only way back is for her to battle her way back to the 454th level of the Abyss and enter her own realm there (one-way trip). As a result, she can be killed by any immortal slaying sword. Unlike Araidor, where such things are tightly controlled, the multiverse has hundreds of the things. One good whack and the Dragon Bitch is dead FOREVER.

The downside to this is that nothing is stopping her from building up a cult or throwing in her hat with other draconic powers, demipowers, or dragons. Tiamat would find her interesting, so would Null and Sertah. If she met up with a Elder Claw like Fir'anthraxis, things might get really, really bad.

Worst, Takesis isn't Takesis. She won't be run by a pair of unimaginative hacks who couldn't find their ass with both hands in their backpockets, but by me. And I'd make her a lethally scheming bitch of such utter depravity that Arkron would be more than just "horrified" by what he unleashed.

As for Syshan, no -- in her way she's much, much worse than Takesis. A fight betwen them with Takesis in her current state would last about six seconds and then Syshan would be kicking smoking bitch remains out of her path.
Elara
Elara
Steel Bitch
Steel Bitch

Character sheet
Name / Race / Gender: Elara Human Female Radiant Fist
Class Type: Martial Artist
Combat Ability:
What I want to see is.... Left_bar_bleue8/10What I want to see is.... Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)

Back to top Go down

Post  Spherrow Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:45 pm

What I want to see is....

... Elara's ISP to get their asses in gear and fix her net!
Spherrow
Spherrow
Admin / Godqueen
Admin / Godqueen

Character sheet
Combat Ability:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum