Avermere Midnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AvM 5.0 Refit

Go down

AvM 5.0 Refit Empty AvM 5.0 Refit

Post  Elara Tue May 26, 2009 11:00 am

AvM 2.2 was complete CEP integration

AvM 3.0 is complete tileset integration

AvM 4.0 is 1.69 integration

AvM 5.0 is PRC integration.

The current plan is as follows:

1) Make copy of base development module. The base dev module is a "blank" module that has PRC, CEP, and HotU 1.69

2) Import the current AvM areas into the new dev module. Check for errors. Run test module to ensure all PRC scripts working correctly.

3) Fork development. One copy will be used as the live AvM copy complete with haphazard development. The other copy will be fully developed as the "seed" of the new project.

CURRENT STATUS:

We need to do the testing and import AvM areas.
Elara
Elara
Steel Bitch
Steel Bitch

Character sheet
Name / Race / Gender: Elara Human Female Radiant Fist
Class Type: Martial Artist
Combat Ability:
AvM 5.0 Refit Left_bar_bleue8/10AvM 5.0 Refit Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)

Back to top Go down

AvM 5.0 Refit Empty Re: AvM 5.0 Refit

Post  Elara Wed May 27, 2009 12:58 pm

1. Live testing complete under load. Psionics, epic spells, and PRC radials work. CEP models work. When closing the toolset , it appears to cause a hard crash, so when working with the module, ensure you save and close the module prior to exiting the toolset. The cause has been narrowed down to a conflict in the .hif which is , frankly, not worth fixing at this time.
  2. Import of the Ultimate Tileset Hak. Since it's going in at the bottom, after a critical rebuild there SHOULD be no problems. I'm looking at (but not heavily) the Community Tileset Pack, too. We're already pushing some big haks, I may skip that step.
  3. Prepare for import of AV maps. Currently, my first plan is to import Sea Haven, and to rebuild and re-link as I go. Once I have hosting, testing will go faster. The lineup should be Sea Haven -> Sea Haven surroundings -> Bronsa -> Brosna Surroundings -> North Forest -> North Forest surroudings -> Harlequin -> Mulrok -> Rogue's Cove. We'll reassess at that point.
  4. Prepare alternative module for continual AvM RP and play. Currently, focus is only on Rance and Sara. Nick is tied down with work and his timeline is not really contigious to ours. I do not have confirmations of the schedules of Pops or Chuck. Smash, Serion, and Mike (TheShainto) have all indicated they have an interest in playing.
  5. As we progress move incremental AvM content into the new mod. Use existing scripting and off-the-shelf PW scripts to provide basic PW support. We'll use a simple NWNX backend with as little footprint as possible. The goal is that we don't want to have a lot of heavy scripting. Most of the server will be populated by simple encounters and the built-in script trigger systems we can find on NWVault rather than brewing our own. The CEP and PRC crafting systems are powerful enough to avoid having to implement more complex and management-intensive scripting like CNR.
  6. Once the PW is "ready" , we'll discuss reboot storyline elements.
Elara
Elara
Steel Bitch
Steel Bitch

Character sheet
Name / Race / Gender: Elara Human Female Radiant Fist
Class Type: Martial Artist
Combat Ability:
AvM 5.0 Refit Left_bar_bleue8/10AvM 5.0 Refit Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum