Avermere Midnight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AvM Q&A

4 posters

Go down

AvM Q&A Empty AvM Q&A

Post  Elara Wed May 21, 2008 3:24 pm

This is a thread of questions and answers. Much of this is explained elsewhere, but I want to have one easy to read thread that answers most of everything at once.

GENERAL QUESTIONS

1) What is Avermere Midnight?

It is a module that I run as if it were a PnP game. That means it runs when I am at home, and we have scheduled times, and it mostly the DM running a campaign for the players.

2) Why are you doing this?

Because I want to. What kind of a fucking stupid question is that? Do I have any alterior motives? Yeah, I've worked on three very successful PW's and they all blew up due to money, politics, personal disagreements,and bullshit. I'm tired of that.

3) Is this a PW like Avermere?

NO. It is a module. It runs when I load it up and announce were ready to play, and it shuts down when I exit. It's like a PnP game -- the game only happens when the DM is there.

4) Is it a module I can play on my own?

No. There are many areas that do not connect to one another, and a lot of the creatures have the AI ripped out.

STORYLINE QUESTIONS

1) Why is the storyline different from current AV?

Because the current storyline is simply a washing over of the old one so that everyone has a chance to start fresh. It's a good idea, but it also throws away a good storyline and background history which I worked very hard on and would like to see followed through.

2) Why is the storyline different from the original one?

Mostly to fill in plot holes, such as stuff about the Dukes and the Elregians.

3) Why are things such a mess?

Because the world is going to shit. In old AV, the heroes Lived Happily Ever After. In CS, everyone became turned to the Dark Side and evil. In AvM, your fated to probably die a heroic death.

GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS

1) How can I get to play?

First , you have to register. Second, I have to know who you are, and third, you have to sit down and explain to me your character and how you play.

2) I want to play but you said no, why?

Because you fucking suck, or I don't like you, or your character is a cookie cutting piece of shit. I'm not running a PW and I don't give a fuck what some other asshat somewhere else is doing. This is a mod for my friends and people I respect. If you come in here with "Drrizzt Do'urden III" or "Captain Jack Arrow" or, god help me, "Rand Al'thor", and expect to get in, expect to GTFO.

3) Why can't I play a drow?

Because R.A. Salvatore is a fucking nimrod and the campaign is about heroes. Drow aren't fucking heroes. The focus of the mod is on RP and a fight for survival and the drow are a bunch of backstabbing wangsty power-tripping lunatics. Menzoberranzan is a fine PW and will fill your needs for drow RP admirably.

4) Why can't I play as my powerful character from old AV?

Very few reasons. Are you Zuhan or Justan? Then the answer is you're a goddamned idiot. Otherwise, powerful characters from old AV who were there after I left might clash with other ideas I have.

5) I didn't play in old AV, can I play a powerful character?

Sure, why not?

APPLICATION QUESTIONS

1) Why not turn this into a PW?

It's being considered.

2) Will you make it publically available?

No, because I'm tired of gratitudeless assmonkeys stealing my work, Ironhart's work, Beowulf's work, and Choirmaster's work and spamming it all over their PW and claiming it as their own. I'm looking at you, dark_arrrow.

3) Can I use pieces of your work in my mod/PW?

Currently, the answer is no.

OTHER QUESTIONS

1) Why did you change some things?

I made a lot of changes for stylistic and "setting" reasons, and others simply to fit into the chosen format. CNR is gone, for example, since it's stupid to craft in a PnP module that way.

2) Why don't you let others run the mod?

Uh, because it's mine? You want to run something I wrote, go get a copy of World of Anarth, Avermere or Cold Shadows.

3) Why are you and Sara the only ones who know the storyline?

Because knowing the whole story would ruin the tension and pacing.

GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS

1) Is there a schedule?

There is now. But it's not firm. It's not easy "scheduling" things, especially if you have a lot of momentum in one area. The storylines are just OUTLINES, ffs, and a lot of times it's easier to do an arc of 2 or 3 sessions than one segement a night for different people.

2) What about big events?

All big events will be posted in the NEWS section of the forums. If you go to the portal, you can see them. Follow the goddamned dates. If I stick a date on there, there's a reason why.

3) I have problems getting on at the same time you do or your schedule is inconvenient for me. What do I do?

Fuck if I know. I basically spent three weeks shorting myself out of 3 to 4 hours of sleep a night, so I was doing a full time job on 3 hours of sleep a day. I'd suggest sucking it the fuck up and getting on at a time I'll be there.

Granted, this may not be possible for some people -- if you're working while I'm available for example. In that case, TALK to me and give me EXACT , DETAILED times you'll going to be online. And I can rebuild the schedule around you.

Last edited by Elara on Tue May 26, 2009 10:51 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Updates)
Elara
Elara
Steel Bitch
Steel Bitch

Character sheet
Name / Race / Gender: Elara Human Female Radiant Fist
Class Type: Martial Artist
Combat Ability:
AvM Q&A Left_bar_bleue8/10AvM Q&A Empty_bar_bleue  (8/10)

Back to top Go down

AvM Q&A Empty Re: AvM Q&A

Post  Sightblinder Wed May 21, 2008 8:27 pm

2) I want to play but you said no, why?

Because you fucking suck, or
I don't like you, or your character is a cookie cutting piece of shit. I'm not running a PW and I don't give a fuck what some other asshat somewhere else is doing. This is a mod for my friends and people I respect. If you come in here with "Drrizzt Do'urden III" or "Captain Jack Arrow" or, god help me, "Rand Al'thor", and expect to get in, expect to GTFO.

I reread this three or four times just because it's so damn funny... and oh so true.
Sightblinder
Sightblinder
Honor Guard
Honor Guard

Character sheet
Name / Race / Gender: Rance, Human Male
Class Type: Civilian
Combat Ability:
AvM Q&A Left_bar_bleue4/10AvM Q&A Empty_bar_bleue  (4/10)

http://www.myspace.com/rances_rants

Back to top Go down

AvM Q&A Empty oh...so....funny

Post  Trahern Sat May 24, 2008 9:27 pm

I fuckin suck....but at least you like me Very Happy Pops gets to play! Hurray!
Trahern
Trahern
Ducal Soldier
Ducal Soldier

Character sheet
Name / Race / Gender: Pops, Human Male
Class Type: Soldier
Combat Ability:
AvM Q&A Left_bar_bleue5/10AvM Q&A Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)

Back to top Go down

Post  Elara Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:40 am

Updated
Elara
Elara
Steel Bitch
Steel Bitch

Character sheet
Combat Ability:

Back to top Go down

Post  Elara Tue May 26, 2009 10:52 am

Updated again.
Elara
Elara
Steel Bitch
Steel Bitch

Character sheet
Combat Ability:

Back to top Go down

Post  Task Thu May 28, 2009 4:04 pm

Can I play a super powerful gnome Gondsmen?

On a topic less likely to get me killed, what are the gods in this world currently and which ones were here, but are now dead according to the storyline?

Task
Novice Adventurer
Novice Adventurer

Character sheet
Name / Race / Gender: Human Taskmaster
Class Type: Soldier
Combat Ability:
AvM Q&A Left_bar_bleue5/10AvM Q&A Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)

Back to top Go down

Post  Elara Thu May 28, 2009 4:24 pm

Q: Can I play a super powerful gnome Gondsmen?

A: Are you some kind of nut? We will be using the PRC!! That means, conceivably, you could play a TINKER GNOME Gearmaester of Gond with ranks in alchemy. No. Nevar! (Maybe.)

Q: What are the gods in this world currently and
which ones were here, but are now dead according to the storyline?

A: Currently the gods of AvM include: Tempus, Helm, Hextor, Heironius, Bria, Tyr, Lloth, Sune, Silvanus, Mielikki, Grummsh One-eye, Moradin, Corellon Laurathiian, Torm, Mystra, Shar, Umberlee and the demigods Roccaci Aalew, Ginny Blake, Orgog Bloodfist, and a few mystery players.
Elara
Elara
Steel Bitch
Steel Bitch

Character sheet
Combat Ability:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum